Free Rain Barrel Events will resume in early 2018!
Why Rain Barrels?
Rain water can help to offset some of the drinking water normally used for outdoor irrigation. Collecting and reusing rainwater reduces the amount of water flowing into storm drains, sewers, and local waterways and ensures that every drop of local water is being used efficiently.
Rain Barrels are a great way to capture rain water and store it for a short period of time for your outdoor irrigation. West Basin is committed to reducing reliance on imported water supplies, and encourages its customers to utilize local water sources, like rain water, whenever possible. Every gallon of rain water that is captured in a rain barrel saves one gallon of imported water that would be used for irrigation. Collecting and reusing storm water also reduces the amount of water flowing into storm drains, sewers and local waterways to minimize ocean pollution and to ensure that every drop of water is being used efficiently.
Rain Barrel Giveaway Events
West Basin provides residents a way to use water resourcefully. Our free rain barrel program includes: a 50 gallon capacity barrel, overflow spout, built in mosquito screen, and a rain gutter down spout flex arm hose connector.
To learn more about receiving a free rain barrel, call South Bay Environmental Services at (310) 371-4633 and ask about our rain barrel program.
- Must be a resident in West Basin’s service area (Click HERE to view service area map)
- The rain barrel must be mounted in a way that allows the barrel to receive water unimpeded from a rain gutter
- Should not block or restrict access to walkways or pathways
- Should be elevated 6 inches off the ground on a solid foundation
- Should be strapped to your home for safety if the height of the barrel is two times greater than the width
Note: First-come, first-served, while supplies last. Program can conclude at any time.
Click below for Rain Barrel Painting Guide: